Sometimes it’s hard to get motivated to write a post for you blog. Sometimes it’s hard to find what to write about. Writing every day, or every other day for a blog is time consuming and mentally exhausting. You won’t always know what to post next. The best advice I can give you is what I learned at school as a writing major, don’t think so hard. Explore the world around you. Take a nap. Socialize. Work on something else. History proves time and time again that you often find what you’re NOT looking for and that inspiration comes from all corners of your life.
- Explore some of your favorite blogs on the topics your blog covers.
- Go see a movie. Movies have always been an inspiration for me.
- Do nothing and let the idea come to you. Epiphanies are often born this way.
- Sort through some previous notes on other things you’ve written. In geneal, it’s a good idea to keep notes for times like this.
- Talk to people. Talk to them about your blogging block, or anything else. Casual conversation can often trigger a light bulb moment.
- Don’t take it too seriously. The harder you try, the harder it is to write or just come up with a good idea. It’s like being constipated. You know what I’m saying. *wink*.