So, if you’re looking for yet another way to increase web traffic to your blog, try going through your personal My Yahoo! and personalized Google pages to get your blogs indexed better on both Yahoo and Google search engines. How? Well, add your blog’s RSS feed to your personalized Google page and your My Yahoo! page. Below are step by step instructions on how to use your personalized Google and My Yahoo pages to potentially bring more web traffic to your blogs in a very simple way.
Add Your RSS feed to your personalized Google page (Click on the link above for a visual tutorial on how to add your RSS feed to your Google page):
- Visit Google.com
- Click on the link at the top-right that says “iGoogle”
- Now you’re on a more personalized and customizable Google search page. Click on the link on the far right that says “Add stuff”
- Now you’re on a page where you can add a bunch of gadgets and feeds to your personal Google page. Click on the link at the bottom of the left sidebar that says “Add feed of gadget”
- A little window pops down and you can add the web address of your RSS blog feed. Click “Add” after you enter the URL, and you’re done!
Add your RSS feed to your My Yahoo! page (Click on thumbnail above for a visual tutorial on how to add your RSS feed to My Yahoo!):
- You have to have a Yahoo account to have a My Yahoo! page. So, if you don’t already go to My.Yahoo.com and sign up for one at the right sidebar.
- If you have a Yahoo account already, go to My.Yahoo.com and sign in.
- At the top left, just below the search bar click on the link that says “Add content”.
- Now your on the page where you can add multimedia, maps, text, news, etc. Next to the “Find Content” search bar you’ll see a small link on the right that says “Add RSS by URL”. Click on it.
- Now your on the page where you can add your blog’s RSS feed. Type in the feed and click “Add”.
- The next page will show you the first few feeds and the title of the URL you enter (so you know it’s the right one). After you’re sure it’s the right one, click “Add to My Yahoo!” Ta-da!